A change of footwear for summer is often necessary when the warm weather is at our doorstep. As a matter of fact, your shoes at the back of the closet may have become too worn to fully meet your needs.
Fortunately, there are many stylish shoes available on the market for all foot types and requirements. Several brands, such as Ara, Dunham, New Balance or Mephisto can offer you style, support, and comfort at the same time. However, to avoid foot pain and discomfort, you need to seek professional advice.
Here are our favorite shoes for this spring, as well as the criteria you will need to choose the right ones.
Criteria for choosing your shoes for summertime
Before deciding what shoe style to choose, take the time to draw up a list of the criteria to meet, in order to properly compare the different models.
Below are a few points to consider:
- Your needs and habits: naturally, your choice of footwear will not be the same if you want to play sports, head to the beach or step out in the city.
- The morphology of your foot: flat or hollow feet sometimes require custom orthotics. If this applies to you, remember to bring them with you so you can try them on in your shoe.
- Foot stability: take the time to walk around in your shoes to ensure that they provide proper support for your feet.
- Material: leather, fabric, and vinyl are among the most popular materials available on the market. Consider selecting a material that is durable, resistant, waterproof and breathable.
- Comfort: choose a model that feels comfortable on your feet.
And don’t forget to bring a pair of socks to try on with your new shoes.
The types of shoes for summer
By understanding your needs, you will know what type of shoe is right for you:
- Dress shoes
- Sports shoes
- Walking shoes
- Running shoes