What is a heart disease?
Heart diseases include all heart ailments of various origins. They affect the way blood is pumped to the heart and are often the cause of strength and effort endurance problems.
Where does it come from?
Among the main risk factor of heart disease are:
Often, the accumulation of several of these factors causes alterations to the organism’s genetic code and fat metabolism. This affects the arteries and disrupts their functioning.
Different cardiovascular conditions may develop, including:
- Coronary diseases (angina and infarction);
- Cardiac muscle diseases (cardiomyopathy and heart failure);
- Heart valve diseases (endocarditis and valvular heart disease);
- Pericardial disease (pericarditis);
- Heart rhythm or conduction diseases (rhythmology);
- Blood vessel diseases (aneurysm, arteriopathy, aortic dissection, pulmonary hypertension, thrombosis);
- Other diseases (cardiac arrest, high/low blood pressure, heart tumor, Adams-Stokes syndrome).
Some cardiopathies may also be congenital.
How can they be recognized?
Cardiovascular symptoms appear in various ways, which alone are not enough to indicate the presence of heart disease. Taken in isolation, they may be the consequence of any other medical condition. The presence of some of them, and the necessity of a clinical examination are the basis of the diagnosis. The known symptoms may correspond to:
- Chest pains;
- Shortness of breath;
- Feeling of vertigo;
- Swelling of the limbs, ankles or feet.
Solutions supporting people with heart diseases
- Take advantage of assistance to mobility and accessibility
A wide range of support products and services exist in several fields. They help improve the patient’s quality of life. Many solutions for assistance in walking and mobility, residential adaptation or home help and comfort are available to support people with heart diseases. They can help save energy, reduce the need for strength and increase stability. They contribute to optimizing comfort, independence, and safety.